Log in

No account? Create an account
23 June 2009 @ 12:32 am
Travels and disasters  
Oi. It's been awhile since I posted. I'm not dead - just very, very tired.

Last weekend was Border Skirmish and a ton of yardwork. Consequently, I hurt like the dickens all week long. :/

Thursday, I drove out to Sioux Falls for Bardic Madness. I got to town, ran some errands, met up with my host, and collapsed.

Friday I slept in, which was lovely, but then had to deal with work BS before being treated to a pleasant lunch out. The afternoon was consumed with woodburning 60 items for WW's Baronesses' Whim followed by a tasty lamb dinner. I went out to the Bardic Madness site and helped set up, trying not to annoy gflower  too much with my OCD, which the Border Downs folk know enough just to point and laugh at. :P We rounded out the night taking in a show, but I was pretty beat by then and happy to just fall into bed.

Saturday morning came entirely too early and I was sort of discombobulated - it took several trips to the car before I had brought in everything I needed. The event itself was a lot of fun - good challenges, good classes, good company. I even *eeep* taught my first class at bardic Madness - "A Voice for your Song" - essentially it was a persona research class masquerading as a Bardic class, but my point was that you can use some of the same techniques to produce a consistent voice or set of images in your bardic pieces as you use to create a cohesive persona. Feast was good and filling and all too soon the event was over.

In the evening, I had opted to go see a band play rather than going to the PostRevel, which ended up having its pros and cons... The party was in full swing by the time we got there, by which I mean that most of the guests at the party were lit. I was not particularly comfortable with the obviously drunk guys setting off fireworks, or the older drunk grabby guy, or the crude joke contest going on in the corner. :P The show I went to see was good, but by the time the show (and the three-dog fight that erupted between guests' dogs) ended, I was more than ready to leave. Sadly, bed was a two hour drive away, and I'm afraid I was not good company, dropping off repeatedly along the way.

Sunday morning started inauspiciously with a "wake-up call" from an impetuous little boy. We'd slept in considerably, but not yet enough to make up for the previous day's activities, so I was a little cranky. A shower helped some, breakfast helped a bit more, but I was a little off for most of the day. I got to spend some time working on components for the next round of handsewing kits. (One of the highlights of the weekend was selling the very last of the original 50 kits! Yay! On to the next 50...) Dinner was an amazing salad and thick, grilled steaks. Nummy. We played a round of pples to Apples, but I did poorly since the field included four adults I barely knew and two children. :P We got a late start back for Sioux Falls and brain weasels got the best of me en route. I tried to explain, but mostly ended up just being unintelligible due to tiredness and my chronic inability to adequately express anything with emotional content. It got somewhat better by the end of the night, at least. :/

Today, I slept in a bit and caught lunch in town before hitting the road... But then the rest of today was made of fail too, just for fun. I gave a ride a few exits east to a lady who was stranded in MN - I figured there was no harm in taking her just a few miles - but she ended up being just odd to the point of being surreal... Massive construction around Tomah added about 45 minutes,  I got a call indicating an errand I'd thought was not urgent must needs be run tomorrow (along with the other 4,000 things I need to do), and another call informing me that the formulary was rejected AGAIN and I have until Thursday afternoon to fix it. Awesome. :/

Tomorrow should be hot and sticky and simply not long enough... I need to clean and do house stuff like crazy AND fix the formulary. Tomorrow night round 1 of guests will arrive. Wednesday morning I need to be up early to change all the linens and reconfigure the beds as soon as Round 1 leaves since Round 2 will arrive while I am out all day at a conference. Thursday will hopefully see the arrival of round 3 of guests and a full day of work. Friday will be a day off, but only from work - from there until the end of the weekend, it'll be wall-to-wall wedding goodness...

Current Mood: tiredtired
Wren: OMG! ONOZ!devikat on June 23rd, 2009 01:23 pm (UTC)
Ooooh... sounds like you need a drink. You haven't run out of Scotch, yet hopefully?
mightyjessemightyjesse on June 23rd, 2009 02:26 pm (UTC)
That sounds both fun and scary at the same time... "Wall to wall wedding goodnes..."
Goldfrog: Animalgoldfrog on June 25th, 2009 12:35 am (UTC)
Just reading your posts make me tired. I'm intensely proud of myself when I do dishes *and* get a bit of mopping done...
eithni: greeneithni on June 25th, 2009 04:46 am (UTC)
:P But you have the parasite as an adequate excuse for that...