Log in

No account? Create an account
29 September 2009 @ 12:27 am
Three round trips from Madison to Sioux Falls and other adventures...  
Ooof. What a weekend!

Wednesday I left right from work to drive out to Sioux Falls, SD where I pretty much immediately crashed for the night.

Thursday I was a big fat meanie and kept nagging Mr S to pack and clean, pretty much all day long. We didn't get as much done as I'd hoped, but more than he expected, so we'll call it a draw.

Friday we drove from Sioux Falls to Madison, SD to attend the dedication of a campus building that was being named for Dr Tunheim. There was a dinner after the ceremony and then we were off again to SF since S was playing a reunion show with an old band. We were out way too late, of course, but it was a good time.

Saturday, it was right back to Madison, SD for the DSU homecoming game and a picnic. There was an appalling health care policy conversation that was only salvaged by the presence of kitties to pet instead of strangling some crazy old biddie. I got to meet lots of friends and family over the weekend and it was, in general a Very Good Thing. The end of the evening found us headed back to Sioux Falls AGAIN and, while we attempted but then abandoned a detour, we made pretty good time on the road. There was Scotch and conversation before bed, as that seemed a fitting end to my last night in that place since my first visit had been filled with hours of the same.

Sunday morning came too soon, with more packing, including loading up my poor little Honda. Lunch out with a bunch of friends staved off the inevitable goodbyes for an hour, but the goodbyes were somewhat easier than usual thanks to knowing they'll be short this time. The last drive back to Madison, WI was long in miles and time since it was the last weekend of the month and the cops were out in droves. They didn't get me, but traffic was moving at a slightly more "prudent" pace than usual. Finally, the road ended at MstC's door and a Pirate Party. I stayed up waaay too late, but was happy nonetheless, and even happier to end the night in my own bed.

Monday has been all about appointments and catching up on the weekends business. I didn't get enough done around the house, but I spent A LOT of money on home improvement orders that will make the house more snug this winter... I DID succeed in putting together two pieces of furniture and hanging a picture at least. No more balancing acts when removing shoes! There's now a nifty bench and pretty hall cabinet! :)

And now, to sleep - there's work tomorrow, then class, then much more work to be done around the house. Busy, busy... But worth it!
Current Mood: productiveproductive
ego_id_non_feciego_id_non_feci on September 29th, 2009 10:06 pm (UTC)
Thank you so much for taking care of Boy. :)
eithni: darkladyeithni on September 29th, 2009 10:08 pm (UTC)
NP. I pretty much just texted for him. He was squiffy, but not really in need of babysitting. Although we did make him brain-dead for a bit - tipsy + head scritches + foot rubs = incoherent Jack. :)
ego_id_non_feciego_id_non_feci on September 29th, 2009 11:11 pm (UTC)
...taking notes...

head scritches.... foot rubs... booze... yes. Got it all! Thanks! :)